From South Ken to Shoreditch, from Jermyn Street to Mare Street – these days anyone that’s anyone is wearing red trousers.

If you want your leg-coverings to let the world know that you’ve got a few quid and don’t care who knows it, or that you have some big ideas about what’s on at the ICA right now - or simply that you are completely insane (but in a mainly non-stabby way) - then you’d better get your wife or girlfriend to take those jeans and chinos down to the charity shop post-haste!

Because there’s only one type of trousers you’ll be wanting to wear, and that’s RED TROUSERS. In fact - if you can’t wear red trousers you’d be better off wearing NO TROUSERS AT ALL. That’s what I say.

Friday 23 December 2011

Brighton bookseller

I'm told the man in RTs is the one who sells the "lovely books".

I like the way both the trousers and the threadbare Guernsey jumper are a size too small.

(This characterful independent bookseller obviously deserves respect and support, but I'm afraid he has to go in the "lunatic" category.)

11 comments:

  1. He also drinks in my local pub. He is lovely. Do you have a lovely category?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog so much that I am on the brink of acquiring some RTs in order to secure my place in these annals. Do I get extra points if i get papped buying my RTs in Oliver Brown of Lower Sloane Street?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He also drinks in my local pub - this would suggest he has two locals or that we drink in the same pub. He also has quite a nice pinkish pair - but for another blog perhaps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never pink sire - I think you'll find that they're salmon

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey this is sussex uni

    ReplyDelete
  6. He also has a red face by 11 most days - bloody lovely bloke and he has some great books on his stall, just behind the gin and the box of buttons

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see he's moved his way further onto campus since I graduated. must be those sweet RTs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barred from my local!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He used to regularly buy books off this chap but I haven't seen him in over year. In fact, the last time I saw him he had a box of Moet champagne rather nonchalantly sitting in his front seat. He definitely deserves to be in the lovely category.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This site needs a Lovely category for Lovely Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is now near the Station arches near two pubs and a betting shop - I have seen pink too

    ReplyDelete